Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Anticipation for my First Day

I start my placement with FLOC tomorrow. My hours will be typically 10 am - 6 pm, later than most since much of the work is directly with students at the end of a normal school day.

Today I took care of some last minute things before I get started with work. My shipped boxes from Oregon finally arrived today. I also got some time to take care of some things around the house. One of my community members, Lauren, starts her placement tomorrow as well. Our three other housemates were at work, so in the middle of the afternoon we popped in on Laura and Andrew on the job. The two of them work just around the block from my placement in Adams Morgan.

Tonight, a former Jesuit Volunteer is taking our house on a tour of the lit monuments around the National Mall. I'll report back tomorrow how my first day of work goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment